One of the touristic attractions of the state of Queenland, Australia is Paronella Park, built by a Catalan called Josep Paronella. He was born in Alt Emporda in 1887 and migrated to Australia one century ago, when he was 26 years old.
He succeed in business and built a "Catalan-styled" castle in the Mena Creek area with a musem and a big room to organise shows. The building had (still operating) the first hydro electric plant in the North of Queensland.
The park took advantadge of the big presence of American military during the World War II. After a period of decadence now it is part of the Australian Heritage Places Inventory.
* Booke about the founder of the park
* Original article published by wilaweb.cat (Australia edition)
* Park PDF in Catalan and English
* Book about Josep Paronella
* Info published on the blog Yorokobu (in Spanish)